Friday, July 09, 2004

It's Friday Night at Ray's!

Man, did we set us up a good one today! Dimitri came by with some new stuff he's carryin' at the distributorship, including this hella delicious white beer called Hoegaarden (got us a keg of that), and a bunch of nice old vine zinfandels that are sweet and fine to drink all by themselves. Not that they won't go real well with these fly Michael Chiarello mail-order ribs I ordered outta his website, plus some insane pierogi that Téodor's workin' up down in the kitchen. He loves comin' over to cook since we got that whole stainless steel viking setup, 20,000 BTU burners, double deep fryers, the works. I don't let him do the meats, though. Meats are my territory, no one cooks meat at my house but me. You can cook smaller side dishes which incorporate meat at my house, but you cannot cook larger meats, such as entrée portions. You can cook a hot dog, sure, I don't care about that, but you cannot cook tri-tip or roast a bird. That is my job. I cook the meats at my house. Téodor can put beef or crumbled sausage in his pierogi, but he cannot for example grill whole sausages and present them to guests. I do that, me. I cook all meats over three ounces and above a certain level of quality.