Thursday, January 06, 2005

What is it with eggs?

Man, have you ever really thought about eggs? I have this hunch that eggs are like the explanation of the universe. Not only is the egg the most versatile food in the world, but it is also the vessel of life. You can do anything with an egg, from whip up a tasty soufflé to incubate a chicken that will be perfect for roasting. Did you know that some native cultures use egg whites as a base for face paints? I have been doing massive research on Google.

My interest in eggs started earlier today when I was makin' some hashbrowns. I wanted to think of what style of egg to have with them: Eggs Benedict (which also has a sauce made out of egg), fried eggs, scrambled eggs...damn! This helped me to realize what a talented little fellow the egg is. Eggs are used in all kinds of baking, in meatloaves, in pasta...it kind of makes you wish that as adults we had to do reports on stuff, because that would mad motivate me to put together a binder on egg information. School's funny that way: just about the time you start to get interested in stuff, you graduate and people stop askin' you questions. Maybe I'll hire a teacher to require me to do stuff.